We are looking for a creative, organized, and deadline-driven Manuscript Ghost Writer, whose high-level writing skills produce an enthralling Legal Thriller that keeps an audience on the edge of their seats.
About Relay Publishing
Relay Publishing was started in April 2013, and since then has sold over 2 million ebooks, 12,000+ audiobooks, and 4,000+ paperbacks. We have a catalogue of over 750 books across several genres in both German and English, with our focus being on romance, young adult fantasy and science fiction, and we have now expanded into post-apocalypse, cozy mystery, litRPG, and psychological thrillers.
What We Do
We’re a book publishing & packaging company. We take great story ideas and collaborate with talented writers to bring them to life. Story ideas and concepts are created by our in-house team, which are then fleshed out into detailed character profiles and outlines.
We then work with one of our writers to bring this outline to life. The focus throughout is on quality, and the writer works closely with an editor to ensure the reader will be blown away by both the story and the prose. Depending on word count, the process from idea creation to finished product is 2-4 months.
Then the book enters the marketing phase where the cover and blurb are optimized to sell, and various advertisements are set up to promote the book. Every book is made with the target of hitting the bestseller list.
Necessary Skills & Experience
- Extensive experience within the genre of Legal Thrillers, specific knowledge of Criminal Law.
- Work collaboratively with editors and using the written outline as the basis for your manuscript
- High level writing experience. We are looking for the best of the best, with a drive to see your story come to life.
- Ability to use characters, dialogue, and story arcs to build suspense for your readers.
- Excellent communication and analytical skills
- Time management and prioritization
- Technologically savvy
Our ideal candidate will work with the Relay Publishing outline team to take our 30-40 page outline and turn it into a well thought out, creative and suspenseful manuscript. Our typical Legal thriller is about 90k words in length. Our writing process requires a solid relationship and back and forth between our writer and editor. We want you to use our team to set the basis for your character and story line and build it into a bestselling novel.
- A deep knowledge of the sub-genre is required—viable candidates should already have written a Legal Thriller.
- You are passionate about your writing and work well with deadlines. You have the ability to maintain a solid story, with a knowledge of criminal law and the legal system.
- Your writing is strong enough to take on an unpredictable subject matter with strong twists and turns, and to turn it into a gripping thriller
- You have the capability to write the characters of lawyers and other law officials—either through own experience, research or reading within genre
- You will enjoy a challenge and using your problem-solving skills take an outline into a story.
- You are a person who enjoys the brainstorming process and high level collaborative creation.
What’s In It For You?
An amazing freelance, online, remote working environment with a real collaborative virtual office that fosters teamwork, development and open communication. We are passionate about creating an online workplace that really works! We use an online project management software that helps us keep an open, collaborative approach to all our projects. Just because we work remote, doesn’t mean we have to be remote! We want to nurture our team and work with a consistent group of professionals to be part of the company as it continues to grow.
We thoroughly believe in long-term collaborative relationships and that is reflected in our approach to all our projects. We offer competitive rates, clear briefs & expectations, and friendly and fun communication throughout. If you’re serious about writing or editing for a living, we’d love to hear from you.
We are always open to ideas. We like to have brainstorming sessions and offer incentives for participation. Whether that’s a new book or business venture, a change to processes and workflow. No matter what your role, you are part of the team and your voice counts!
We have grown dramatically over the last year and we plan on growing more, come along for the ride!