Are you guilty of criminally good legal thriller writing? Join a team of experienced writers and editors to work on the bestselling Peter Kirkland pen name.
“Within every great lawyer lives a failed poet.” Are your creative talents going to waste? Have you always wanted to write a bestselling book?
Relay Publishing is looking for writers who are intimately familiar with the legal thriller genre and the workings of the American justice system. You’ll be working alongside the team responsible for the bestselling Peter Kirkland pen name on a new legal thriller series. Leave behind the office and get direct experience writing for a popular legal thriller pen name alongside expert editors and writers.
Necessary Skills & Experience
- Criminal law & courtroom experience.
- A love, bordering on obsession, with the legal thriller genre. Grisham, Connelly, Turow, Traver—you’ve read them all.
- Ability to collaboratively work other members of creative team.
- High level creative writing experience. We are looking for the best of the best, with a drive to see the story come to life.
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Technologically savvy
- A deep knowledge of the sub-genre is required—as above, candidates should be familiar with the bestsellers in the genre and ideally already have written a Legal Thriller.
- You are passionate about your writing and want to be among of team of exceptional creatives who respect the craft.
- You’ve put writing on the backburner for too long and want to dedicate some time to getting a book published in an supportive and well-structured environment.
- You have knowledge of criminal law and the legal system, whether through direct experience or research.
- You love writing and want to get paid for it.
- You enjoy a challenge and using your problem-solving skills necessary to pen a gripping legal thriller.
- You are a person who enjoys high level collaborative creation.
What’s In It For You?
An amazing freelance, online, remote working environment with a real collaborative virtual office that fosters teamwork, development and open communication. We are passionate about creating an online workplace that really works! We use an online project management software that helps us keep an open, collaborative approach to all our projects. Just because we work remote, doesn’t mean we have to be remote! We want to nurture our team and work with a consistent group of professionals to be part of the company as it continues to grow.
We thoroughly believe in long-term collaborative relationships and that is reflected in our approach to all our projects. We offer competitive rates, clear briefs & expectations, and friendly and fun communication throughout. Our rate for this genre begins from $0.07/word (USD) and we pay an additional hourly rate (from $30/hr USD) for revisions. Our rates vary commensurate with experience so please let us know if your application if this meets your expectations. Flexibility is one of our core work principles: as long as the work gets done, you can do it whenever it suits you. Unlike a traditional office we don’t require you to be at your desk 9-5—you pick your own schedule. If you’re serious about writing or editing for a living, we’d love to hear from you.
We have grown dramatically over the last couple years and we plan on growing more, come along for the ride!